Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

and so it begins

After years of being a lurker, consuming content on the web but very rarely contributing, I have finally decided to take the next step.

I love the idea of what education can be with technology, and am continually impressed with what I hear and see others doing with their students.  And while I have gotten positive reviews from administration for my use of technology in the classroom, I have always felt a bit of a fraud.  My use of technology, has been just that my use of technology.  I realize that things have to change.  Technology in the classroom today is more then my posting assignments and notes on the web, my students need to be involved.  They need to be learning to navigate, investigate, & create.

So while home on leave, I am finally taking the challenge thrown down by TeachPaperless back in Sept. 2009 "Why Teacher's Should Blog".

I will become a producer of content on the web, I will participate in the conversations and truly build a PLN, I will make the classroom I return to 2.0
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. Welcome! It's a daunting process, or at least it has been for me over these last few months. Write what you love and write from the heart of your class. Everything else will follow.

    --andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please continue to blog. I have already learned quite a bit about you and your thoughts through buzz, but I would love to see how your theories develop through the months and years. I've been blogging since late 2004 and I can't imagine a life without it. While I have shifted my priorities significantly since then (two children, one job change, and a few hundred blog posts later), it is constantly the thing that I go back to when I can't remember something. It has become my digital brain. I put things there, so I don't have to hold everything all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to read & COMMENT on my first posting.

    I am going to try and stick with it. I am inspired (and a bit intimidated) by all of the great educators & edTech people writing, sharing, and pushing each other towards new thinking and ideas.

    I really like your idea for a question each day. I think driving questions are truly important, and it is also a nice take on blogging. I often don't write because I don't feel like I have anything particularly valuable or insightful to say, you have reminded me that sometimes (perhaps even more often than not) what you don't know is more important then what you do know.

    Asking questions in my head on my blog I think will allow me to come closer to having daily posts.

    PS ... thanks for again for the encouragement & the help with getting Buzz to Twitter posts via Pipes.

    ReplyDelete